Monday, September 30, 2013

Review for Ensanguined by Emma L. Edwards

5/5

Oh my gosh! I have loved Emma Edwards since I first read Sanguinary but this story tore me apart! She has a knack for doing that and it is amazing but at the same time it hurts! I've gotten so invested in Ash and Angel's story that each time something bad happens to them, I feel my stomach drop and my heart break. Then, when things are good, I feel my stomach tangle into knots because I know that something is going to happen to drop that happiness out from under them. Emma Edwards is amazing at writing vampires stories.

Angel and Ash haven't changed from Sanguined or Imbrued. Ash still has anger problems that drive him to the brink of insanity and Angel copes with her stress by drinking to the point she is too drunk to even know her own name. But, they're still together and that's how they plan on staying. At least they hope.

It's Angel and Ash's wedding day! Everything is perfect...for the most part. The only thing that is wrong is that Angel's dad still hates Ash and Ash's dad still refuses to acknowledge that he's even alive. Aside from that, it's the best day of either of their lives. Ash's anger is held at bay no matter what he's put through. But when Angel finds a stake, she loses it.

After being convinced that she shouldn't tell Ash, she goes about the rest of her night and her honeymoon with ease. But when their peaceful getaway is interrupted, Ash loses it because Angel has kept the secret from him. When they get home, they tell the rest of the family that they're dealing with what appears to be another slayer and decide to do what they can to keep the house safe.

Erebis is going big and Angel has been supporting them the entire way. Even if Jay and Kieran are both hitting on her and wanting her to be theirs. Angel tours with them until she starts getting sick. When she can't take it anymore, she goes home in hopes of resting up and getting back to the tour with the band.

As things spiral out of control. People who are meant to be trusted turn out to be people that can't be trusted. Also, things don't always appear as they should. It's the old saying "don't judge a book by it's cover." Just because all the evidence points in one direction doesn't mean that it goes the opposite way.

Ash and Angel continue to have their back and forths and Angel finds that Ash's need to possess her and be possessive of her grate her nerves because she wants to be possessive of him as well. No matter what though, they manage to find their way through it all and stay together, even if it looks as if they shouldn't.

Ash's anger is legendary and in this it spirals to new proportions. It's amazing how much anger Ash holds not only at himself, but at the world. But, it's not because he's angry, it's because he's scared.

All I have to say is that Emma Edwards gave Ash and Angel the perfect ending and while I'm deeply saddened to see this series end, I know that I'll always remember Ash's and Angel's story and be able to go back and re-read it so that I can experience it all over again.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment